Some like to call, some prefer to email, and some like to text while they are sitting right next to you. Different generations have VERY different preferences when it comes to communication. This module breaks down where the communication differences lie and how to overcome them.
After this module you will:
- Understand why there are different communication preferences across generations.
- Pinpoint where your communication breakdowns tend to occur.
- Be more confident in getting on the same page with people.
- Where have you seen the biggest differences when it comes to communicating across generations?
- What do you need to be extra mindful of with regards to your communication preferences?
- What are the pros and cons of your preferred methods of communication?
For the next 5-days, keep a daily tally of how you are communicating across generations. Give yourself a grade for each day and write the grade down in a journal, track it on a sticky note or type it into a Word document. You must be able to see the grades after the end of the week.