This module focuses on a concept made famous by Jack Welch (ex GE CEO) in the 1990’s, and it was a game-changer for the company. This module will review a concept called reverse mentoring, and provide outlines for how to do it successfully within the organisation.
After this module you will:
- Be versed in how to successfully engage someone with coaching.
- Practice being mentored and or practice mentoring others.
- Build a strong relationship with someone from a different generation through coaching.
- Who would be someone at work that you would be willing to be reverse mentored by?
- Why did you choose that person? What would you want to learn from him or her?
- Who within your team can you pair up to be reverse mentored?
Take the time needed with this assignment to provide some structure around the reverse mentoring opportunity and what needs to happen in order to ensure it is a success. Your goal for this assignment is to reach out to the people you determined would be good to involve with reverse mentoring activities.